Response to COVID-19
Safety is a top priority for Mosaic Transit Group (Mosaic), our constructor of the Finch West LRT project.
Mosaic follows public health agencies’ guidelines and consult regularly with medical professionals to protect workers’ health and safety.
Numerous safety measures are in place at worksites, including but not limited to:
- Requiring employees to complete an online daily screening questionnaire and daily assurance audit checklist each day
- Mandatory requirement for staff to keep at least 2 metres (6 feet) apart
- No sick employees are allowed onsite
- Mandatory home isolation of employees for at least 14 days if sick, travelled or in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19
- Enhanced cleaning procedures of workspaces, hard surfaces and commonly used areas
- Supplying additional personal protective equipment (i.e. face masks, gloves)
- Allowing only essential workers onsite, while others work remotely
- Providing continuous education and coaching about the importance of physical distance and proper hygiene in training sessions and information posters
- Providing facilities for hand washing with soap and water or hand sanitizer